Monday, February 8, 2010

365 dAys of aRt. DAY TWENTY.



i am here
to face the pain
to heal the hurt
and trust again


So many of us carry around the past like it's a fifty pound backpack weighing heavy on our shoulders. Inherently, that pack is giving us neck strains and back spasms until all that weight literally pulls us down. I, like you, am guilty of holding onto things. I store them inside and layer them one on top of the other. Although, I have to say that my pack has shed a few pounds as of late. Today marks the TWENTIETH consecutive day of voicing our canvases -- a huge feat in itself! But what's more remarkable is the freedom I've felt in my own personal expression. I've been able to let go of a lot of baggage and extra weight, just by acknowledging them on canvas. It's empowering, really. To engage in something your most passionate about, every single day -- or in our case, for the next 365 days -- it gives purpose to everyday. It allows you to let go of the past, and just BE in the moment. Here's to the next 345 days..

No comments:

Post a Comment