Tuesday, February 9, 2010

365 dAys of aRt. DAY TWENTY-ONE.



beauty marks on her face
constellations
that he traces
along
her skin
and back
again


Today I threw on baggy sweats because the winter cold seemed to seep through my windows. I kept feeling a draft from every direction -- so on went more layers. I added a huge warm sweater, a scarf, and to top it off I hiked up a pair of my dad's old ski socks from the '70's. My hair is pinned up, with loose strands falling from the day's adventures -- no makeup, and a few paint marks and coffee stains to add. I'm the epitome of a long, hard day and the opposite of anything you'd see in a magazine. But you know what -- I feel beautiful. I know that any minute the man I love will walk through the door and embrace me with adoration. I am me and he loves that. More importantly, I love that. I have become fully happy with just being me. Try that on for size. And, if you get a spare second, check out this documentary: http://www.beautymarkmovie.com/default.html

No comments:

Post a Comment