Friday, March 26, 2010

365 days of aRt. DAY FIFTY-EIGHT.



miles can break an empty heart
and leave the world so lonely
but even with these shattered parts
we have got to fly
so take these fragile moments
take them in real slowly
i can't be your steady sun
i'm just a firefly


When I was in eighth grade I took a trip with my family down to Mississippi to see my grandmother. To get to her new home we traveled along the Natchez Trace Parkway, which runs from Tennessee to Mississippi. A most beautiful road that winds through fields and trees and all of nature (my dream is to actually bike the entire length of the trail one day). As the sun set and we were driving along its spectacular fields, hundreds of fireflies began to fill the air. I remember I couldn't take my eyes off them; dancing through the tall grass, lighting up the night sky. It was a moment of of absolute awe. Because of this I have always thought of my unique travels as a firefly moment. One of freedom -- a chance to shine. I wish all of you many firefly moments -- whether you be the observer or the actual firefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment