Saturday, March 27, 2010

365 days of aRt. DAY FIFTY-NINE.



the street
it sleeps beneath me,
breathing
and i recognize the beat it's keeping...

it's my own.


It's not that I'm ambitious today -- but that I feel my ambition. Ever since I woke up this morning I've felt this large amount of 'something' that's driving me to paint -- to write -- to gesso new canvases and seek out new forms of inspiration. Maybe it's the new voice I stumbled across last night -- or maybe it's me being surrounded by good friends in a city that supports the arts (chicago) -- either way I feel my ambition. Maybe CANVAS VOICE doesn't have as many fans as I'd want it to have; maybe we've gotten a few rejections in the past from literary agents; and maybe I'm guilty for feeling discouraged once in a while when comments are few. Either/or -- I could care less because I'm making a creative effort and doing what I love in the process. Like my new-found voice (james vincent mcmorrow) lyrically stated, "I'd rather be working for something than praying for rain". We're working hard towards a time when we'll get noticed -- and it's this incredible ambition that's driving us.

No comments:

Post a Comment