Monday, November 29, 2010

365 days of aRt. DAY ONE HUNDRED & FIFTEEN.



in gratitude i move
merci beaucoup
merci beaucoup
life is beautiful
and you are too
merci beaucoup
merci beaucoup
(canvas text)


Blog about the piece:
Speaking of MERCI BEAUCOUP, nothing reminds me more of this phrase than my time spent in the Amazon. I experienced gratitude at it's purest. After returning from the developing country of Ecuador, I was plagued by the separation between our lives and the way most of the world lives. We have so many choices, so many unnecessary choices if you will: like, which dish detergent should be bought; or if I want my fish fried, broiled, baked, or grilled. Sometimes the unnecessary choices overwhelm me. Have you ever walked into a CLAIRE'S store? It's an entire store devoted to accessories just for girls -- bracelets and necklaces and earrings, just about anything bedazzled can be found here. And it overwhelms me every time I'm within distance of the store. All of these choices make me question how I could have so much when so many have so little. Although, this awareness has opened my heart to the power of simplicity. I have a daily appreciation for the simple things in my life: running water, shelter over my head, food on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment