Wednesday, November 24, 2010

365 days of aRt. DAY ONE HUNDRED & FOURTEEN.



your absence scars
the blankets in my bed
now empty threads
and tears stream
where you used to sleep
under these sheets
your pillow still creases
the same when you're away
it's a beautiful escape
but i need you today
(canvas text)


Blog about the piece:
We are coming close to Thanksgiving -- a day to be grateful and recognize all those things in our lives that we are so blessed to have. One thing I always think about during the holidays are past relationships, the people that have touched my life in some way and have helped me become who I am. They might not be around anymore but the things that I learned from them are. Thank you teachers, lovers, friends, strangers, thank you opponents, fellow students, family, and did I say lovers? What an amazing thing to meet someone and have that relationship transform you, expand you, center you, and ground you. Thank you thank you thank you to all the wonderful people that were once in my life and may not be here now. I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment