Saturday, January 14, 2012

365 days of aRt. DAY ONE HUNDRED & SEVENTY.



i'm taking control of my life
taking this road i know is right
and leaving tonight
i'm leaving tonight
(canvas text)


Blog about the piece: Talk of leaving Michigan frequents my household on a regular basis. You see, I've been in the same city, in the same house for years now. I go to the same favorite places for coffee, for dinner, for entertainment. There's a sense of familiarity with these favorites that I love. I love that the deli knows which sandwich to make me, and I love the smell and the sounds of my hometown coffeehouse. I love the safe haven atmosphere of my favorite yoga studio and I love my running route. I love that my family is a car ride away and that it's inevitable I will see my best friends at least once a year when they come home for holidays. I love the certainty of all of these things, yet I've noticed that my life is lacking the growth that comes with uncertainty. If you force yourself out of habit you expand your opportunity for growth and self expansion. And this for me, is certainly worth giving up a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment