Monday, May 13, 2013

365 days of aRt. DAY ONE HUNDRED & SEVENTY-FOUR.



facing the day in a different way 
letting east become my west 
and needing the least amount of materialistic things 
I let go of control and embrace what life brings 
(canvas text)

"Re-contexualize your experience." I just love this idea. It was a concept that was posed to me as part of a class I took years ago. A concept that explained how once in a while you are shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right. At times we take classes and walk away with great lessons that seem to last only briefly but this is definitely one that has stuck with me. It applies to every part of life. There is always a different view to take and a new perspective to find. It's all in how you look at it. Isn't that something you've heard your entire life, to shift your perspective and find the lesson in it all? So how do you see things today? Maybe you can change it, even if it's something as small as standing on a chair and seeing things at a new level. My grandmother would always tell me when she had young children of her own that she would lie down with her back to the ground trying to discover how the little ones saw the world everyday. This is so marvelous and so inspiring, to face the day in a different way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment