Sunday, December 8, 2013

365 days of aRt. DAY ONE HUNDRED & EIGHTY.


i keep thinking that change
is what i'm waiting for
but my piggy bank is empty
and the world keeps turning without me
my idea of change has me looking
outside of myself
when really the major steps
are happening on the inside 
why was i so blind to see it
all this time i was waiting
for the sun to rise
meanwhile divine light
was glowing bright within my soul
surrender was my catalyst
a way to make me whole
(canvas text)

Blog about the piece:
Change is inevitable, for everything changes: the days, the seasons, the tides, the body. Change is what we know and yet some of us wake up and do the SAME THING everyday. We cling to familiarity like it's the basis of life when really growth, metamorphosis, variation, and diversity is what life is all about. This past Tuesday while conjuring up some morning inspiration I came across an enticing article written by a young man in San Francisco. He spoke of America's overwhelming need to control life: the daily planners, event calendars, hourly routines and how western culture seems to map out the entire day minute by minute. It is interesting though how fast all of that planning can get thrown out the door. The unexpected happens everyday. In one second our lives take a turn and we are left clutching these planners that no longer are needed, they no longer make sense. Let it go! Know that change is always occurring and it is something we cannot control. Today, surrender to the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment