Sunday, January 12, 2014

365 days of aRt. DAY ONE HUNDRED & EIGHTY-TWO.


she's southern whiskey, dixie flower
(canvas text)

Blog about the piece: 
Have you ever come across the term"southern hospitality"? With relatives in Georgia, Florida, Kentucky and Arkansas I can say that I not only have heard but experienced the term many times. Southern hospitality refers to the welcoming and good natured characteristics of the south. My favorite aspect of southern hospitality is the willingness to embrace and even care for a stranger. Sometimes I look around and feel a growing distance between the people I see. I feel as though our virtual world often takes the place of real community interaction. But what if we turned that around? What if, through simple acts of kindness, we began to embody southern hospitality to its fullest. We could build a positive environment for those close to us and also contribute to the well being and greater good of perfect strangers. I encourage you to try taking small steps toward simple acts of kindness... smile when someone walks by, give a gift, give a hug, give encouragement. It doesn't take a lot to spread goodness. The small things matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment