Thursday, February 11, 2010

365 days of aRt. DAY TWENTY-TWO



the bass
took my breath away
as the dj played
i danced in the shade of an elder tree
so beautifully becoming me
is freeing


MUSIC is my drug of choice, my second love, my muse behind all of these paintings. Certain music moves me in such a way that I feel I NEED to create, or I NEED to dance, or at the very least I NEED to express myself in a way of giving that musical moment more life than the silent one that fell before. It gets under my skin; triggering my arrector pilli muscles, it creates goosebumps. If I could soundtrack my day today, it would go as such: Ben Harper would begin my morning; I'd eat breakfast with Joe Firstman (he could come to breakfast with me anytime); I'd run some errands with the MAXIMAL MUSIC boys as my background, maybe with a splash of old school Daft Punk or Imogen mixed in; Lunch with Ray LaMontagne; Create something spectacular with Sigur Ros and Mum; And I'd curl up and wind down to a little Reed Foehl or Alexi Murdoch. If you could soundtrack your day, how would it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment