Wednesday, March 2, 2011

365 days of aRt. DAY ONE HUNDRED & FORTY-TWO.



settle deep
the feeling
of not being alone
but being whole
and feeling a soul
inside my own
time ties me
to a life
i'm supplying
and i cry
when i feel you
flutter inside
what began as a seedling
will emerge
my butterfly
(canvas text)


Blog about the piece:
It's such a gift to share in the life of another. Motherhood is an amazing experience -- to shelter a child within your own womb, to feel and see it grow, to honor the arrival. The day after my son's birth I was able to journal about my experience, and wrote:

"Silence now and the room is still. Hours ago a baby cries, a mother is born and 'God's presence' is known. In the dim light a silhouette of exhaustion and joy. Thirty-nine weeks has lead to this...a miracle in the arms of life. A soul that rests powerful and calm -- infinite possibilities, infinite love. Beauty is but one word among millions to describe the sight: an indescribable fight and surrender -- a night to remember, a change that's forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment